As millions of patients in the world take this medicine for hypertension which is considered quite safe, I thpught it might be proper to send you this article. Enough to read just a few sentences fro the article below.
- This report emphasises the need for doctors to be aware of hyponatraemia as a rare but serious complication following ramipril therapy, particularly in the older population.
- Monitoring of serum electrolytes is advisable following the initiation of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy.
- Practitioners need to be aware of potential side effects as a result of combination therapy of other drugs with ramipril.
- It is better known that ramipril may raise potassium levels, which are anyhow [too]low in most people.
- Don’t worry if you take ramipril / tritace but be aware of this